Mark Brelsford

This is a shot that I wish was me.... This was the form of racing I used to do, flatt track! This is Mark Brelsford, who was Grand National Champion (#1) in 1972. Here he going between 100 and 130 mph! I really got off on this type of racing. Mark was my hero in the racing world. The very first race he raced in 1973 was at Daytona. He hit a downed rider at 160 MPH, and exploded into a fireball! A photographer took a photo, and it was the biggest selling motorcycle racing poster of all time. I'll try to get a copy posted next blog. Mark crushed his hand and was never the same. He retired to Alaska in 1975 or 76, I don't remember.... I just purchased the DVD "On Any Sunday" which has some shots of Mark. He was a fantastic rider....

1 comment:

Iceman said...

beautiful pics!!! Lovely to see someone who loves motorcycles so much!! My name arun. Am from India. I own a slew of bikes, but DEFINITELY NOT as many as you!! Yeah we still race the RD350's on track here!! Nice to see all the old pix!!!